At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
All Christians have a responsibility to pastor one another by speaking the gospel in love. This course gives us a biblical definition of pastoral care, interacts with secular approaches to helping others and outlines a biblical approach to change. It sets the foundation for Pastoral Care Part Two.
- Unit 1. Pastoral care and the Christian: part one
- Unit 2. Pastoral care and the Christian: part two
- Unit 3. Pastoral care and the Christian community
- Unit 4. Pastoral care and secular counselling models: part one
- Unit 5. Pastoral care and secular counselling models: part two
- Unit 6. A biblical understanding of the problem: part one
- Unit 7. A biblical understanding of the problem: part two
- Unit 8. A biblical understanding of change: part one
- Unit 9. A biblical understanding of change: part two
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.
Steve Timmis lives in Sheffield, England, where he is a pastor in The Crowded House. He is also the Executive Director of Acts 29. He has co-authored a number of books with Tim Chester, including Total Church, as well as authoring a couple all on his own – Gospel Centred Leadership and I Wish Jesus Hadn’t Said That!