Foundation: Living the Cross and Resurrection
This course teaches you to live life shaped by the death and resurrection of Jesus. He calls us to pick up our cross and follow him. The promise is a life of suffering now and glory later. This course will encourage you to follow Jesus and let his life, death and resurrection shape your life.
At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
This course shows how the cross and resurrection provide the pattern for discipleship in the everyday. It calls us to live out the radical implications of grace and to apply the way of the cross to every area of life. You’ll discover how the cross and resurrection empower you in Christ for a life of sacrificial service and joy. You’ll be encouraged to live a risk-taking life on mission to the world as part of a community of people empowered by the cross.
- Unit 1. The freedom of the cross
- Unit 2. The community of the cross
- Unit 3. The power of the cross
- Unit 4. The life of the cross
- Unit 5. The pattern of the cross
- Unit 6. Power to be weak
- Unit 7. Life to die
- Unit 8. The message of the resurrection
- Unit 9. The promise of the resurrection
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.
Steve Timmis lives in Sheffield, England, where he is a pastor in The Crowded House. He is also the Executive Director of Acts 29. He has co-authored a number of books with Tim Chester, including Total Church, as well as authoring a couple all on his own – Gospel Centred Leadership and I Wish Jesus Hadn’t Said That!