At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
Everything in church life can and ought to be geared to the mission of saving the lost. However, so much of church life can seem like a distraction from the task. This course helps us to recalibrate all the necessary tasks of church life around mission. It is for all church members not just leaders. It will help all Christians understand and play their part.
- Unit 1. Keeping it missional
- Unit 2. Sunday gatherings and prayer meetings
- Unit 3. Bible studies
- Unit 4. Preaching
- Unit 5. Business meetings
- Unit 6. Visiting
- Unit 7. Pastoral care
- Unit 8. Marriage preparation
- Unit 9. Baptism and communion
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.
Steve Timmis lives in Sheffield, England, where he is a pastor in The Crowded House. He is also the Executive Director of Acts 29. He has co-authored a number of books with Tim Chester, including Total Church, as well as authoring a couple all on his own – Gospel Centred Leadership and I Wish Jesus Hadn’t Said That!