At a Glance
This course leads you through the role and functioning of a local church eldership and invited you to explore what this looks like in your context and the priorities for you at this point in time. Set aside 2-3 hours per week to read, reflect and pray your way through this Foundation Course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos and commentaries
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Elders looking to develop firm foundations to lead gospel-centred, missionally-focussed churches
- Trainee or new elders as part of their wider training and preparation for eldership
- Eldership teams wanting to better understand their role and how they might work together more effectively
- Existing church leaders who want to 'top-up' their theology with a course that has a strong missional, evangelical and reformational emphasis
Work through a Biblical overview of the role and functioning of a local church eldership.
Brought to you by Crosslands, the Biblical Eldership course is divided into 9 lessons:
- Unit 1 – Biblical overview of leadership (part 1)
- Unit 2 – Biblical overview of leadership (part 2)
- Unit 3 – Role of elders
- Unit 4 – Character and qualifications of elders
- Unit 5 – Gospel-shaped leadership: service
- Unit 6 – Gospel-shaped leadership: love
- Unit 7 – Leading the church
- Unit 8 – Eldership in practice (part 1)
- Unit 9 – Eldership in practice (part 2)
- For more information about Crosslands and to sign up to run a Study Group or Learning Site, click here.
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.
Dr. Graham Beynon
Graham Beynon is pastor of Grace Church, Cambridge and the Director of Independent Ministry Training at Oak Hill Theological College, London. He is the author of more than a dozen books, including God’s New Community, Planting for the Gospel, and Emotions.