Foundation: Bible Teaching in Missional Perspective
All Christians will teach the bible at some point to someone: either to unbelieving friends, contributing to a small group bible study, learning to preach, or teaching children. This course introduces Christians at all teaching levels to key principles and methods for teaching the truth, plainly and relevantly to the heart.
At a Glance
This 9 lesson course leads you step by step through bible passages, key concepts, practical examples and exercises.
Pace yourself by setting aside 40 minutes a day, for 30 days, to read, reflect, and pray your way through the course.
Each lesson includes
- Insightful articles on Bible passages, doctrine and application
- Instructional videos
- Helpful illustrations
- Interactive reflection boxes to make and store your notes
This course is ideal for
- Christians who want to grow spiritually and who want to develop a gospel-centred approach to the subject
- Pastors with busy schedules, who want to grow in character, ministry skills and gospel direction
- Small groups who want to go deeper by studying in depth at home and then meeting together to discuss and share learning
- Leadership teams and church planting core groups, who want to set out and implement a biblical vision for their church
Learn how to open the bible with friends, both Christians and non-Christians, and get the most out of your time together in interactive bible study. Learn from some of the best bible teachers how to get the point of a passage across and address people’s hearts with the gospel. You will also be introduced to storying as a method for opening the bible with people.
- Unit 1. Make It Clear - Learning from John Stott
- Unit 2. Making It Real- Learning From Tim Keller
- Unit 3. Making It Felt - Learning From C. J. Mahaney
- Unit 4. Preparing Interactive Bible Studies
- Unit 5. Leading Interactive Bible Studies
- Unit 6. Introducing Storytelling
- Unit 7. Preparing Stories
- Unit 8. Teaching The Bible Through Storytelling
- Unit 9. Learning In Community
Dr. Tim Chester
Tim Chester is a pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, a faculty member of Crosslands. He is the author of over 30 books and commentaries including You Can Change and A Meal with Jesus, as well as being co-author of Total Church.
Steve Timmis lives in Sheffield, England, where he is a pastor in The Crowded House. He is also the Executive Director of Acts 29. He has co-authored a number of books with Tim Chester, including Total Church, as well as authoring a couple all on his own – Gospel Centred Leadership and I Wish Jesus Hadn’t Said That!